FranzKafkaOverrated

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Friday, 1 April 2011

today in unfortunate yet amazing errors, Freddie edition

Posted on 05:33 by Unknown
So if you look down at my last post, you'll see a link under "constant violence." This was supposed to be a link to this piece from the NYT, which details the nature of current violence in Iraq. Unfortunately, it isn't. I'm part of that generation which has had its collective mind warped by the Internet who can't do one thing at a time, but has to have twelve tabs going with three different writing projects at once. I was sending a friend an IM, and I intended to send the link that ended up being attached to "constant violence" to her, and to attach the NYT link to "constant violence" in that post. And, well, I failed.

Now, if you click that link, you'll find that it's a particularly unhappy mix, as violence in Iraq is of course the most serious business. I really regret the error.

The open question is whether the link I sent in the IM-- which I preceded by saying "this is hilarious"-- is the one I had intended, or the NYT link about Iraqi violence. Chances are it's the link from the LA Weekly and I just used both by accident, but I'm afraid there's a chance it was the link from the NYT.

She hasn't gotten back to me since.
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • pacifism and intention
    Note: Because I am incompetent, I accidentally deleted this post, and I can't find any way to restore it through Blogger. I had to go in...
  • what I mean when I talk about empiricism and self-determination
    In my Bloggingheads appearance, I mentioned to Conor my prediction that the empirical case against the notion that you are mostly responsibl...
  • Randy Moss's unforgivable blackness
    I don't have a real rooting interest in the game tonight. But a part of me is rooting for the 49ers, only because I'd like to see a...
  • self-implication
    Adam Serwer points out , correctly, that liberal excuses for extrajudicial killing make their opposition to torture nonsensical. The questio...
  • Benghazi: the worst of both Republicans and Democrats
    This Benghazi mess is enough to make you really despair. For years now, liberals have pushed back against the "both sides do it!" ...
  • Sabermetricians, like all nerds, must accept that they've won
    I'm not going to excerpt too much, because its a paid subscription service, but today on his (excellent) daily baseball missive The Slur...
  • the backwards causation
    Since reading educational research changed from being an amateur interest of mine to being a daily professional commitment, nothing has been...
  • moral support necessitates moral distinctions
    Chris Hayes is in quite a bit of hot water online because he said that he was uncomfortable calling dead soldiers heroes. Since his show st...
  • Ms. 21st century
    I occasionally get emails from people who find my critique of the Internet generation cruel. Last week, I got an email that said point blank...
  • Slate's Rosetta Stone
    Hidden in this piece on hating the band The National, Carl Wilson unintentionally provides the key for understanding Slate: In the end, it ...

Categories

  • I'm mostly kidding (1)

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (218)
    • ►  June (22)
    • ►  May (42)
    • ►  April (39)
    • ►  March (37)
    • ►  February (35)
    • ►  January (43)
  • ►  2012 (139)
    • ►  December (26)
    • ►  November (26)
    • ►  October (15)
    • ►  September (5)
    • ►  August (1)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (19)
    • ►  April (2)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (11)
    • ►  January (14)
  • ▼  2011 (143)
    • ►  December (9)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (18)
    • ►  September (11)
    • ►  August (23)
    • ►  July (3)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (21)
    • ▼  April (27)
      • the sexual revolution happened for a reason
      • Portrait of My Father as a Young Man
      • keep radio silence
      • balloon juice post
      • illuminating!
      • few more things about college
      • wars are always founded on untruth
      • you're doing it wrong
      • Yglesias responds
      • reducing college costs
      • speak up, my man, and be accounted for
      • yet another casualty
      • once again: there can't be a higher education bubble
      • Katie Roiphe is just the worst
      • you can't defend something by constantly apologizi...
      • a bit more on Ulysses
      • their new scheme
      • correction
      • it only takes one reason
      • non-rhetorical questions and out of control abstra...
      • the real litmus test for Republican seriousness
      • seriousness and honesty are only conditionally vir...
      • all by yourself
      • straight fire
      • failing students drop classes
      • reason for optimism
      • today in unfortunate yet amazing errors, Freddie e...
    • ►  March (7)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile